- Active Media Staff
Despite their name, these cookies are about as festive and holiday-friendly as can be! These soft and chewy cookies are colored Grinch-green and decorated with milk chocolate candy pieces.
1. Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until well-combined and light and fluffy (about 1 minute).
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Stir in vanilla extract and food coloring, until well-combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Set mixer to low speed and gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Add ingredients and stir until well-incorporated.
6. Fold in M&M candies and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
7. Once dough has finished chilling, preheat oven to 350°F andline a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
8. Drop cookie dough by heaping 1 ½ Tbsp-sized scoops onto prepared cookie sheets, for perfectly round cookies, roll dough in your hands into a smooth ball.
9. Bake on 350°F for 11-13 minutes. If desired, gently press additional M&Ms into the tops of each cookie for decoration while they are still warm.
10. Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet before removing.
1 C unsalted butter softened
1 2/3 C sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3-5 drops green food coloring
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cup red and green M&Ms plus additional ½ cup